On December 3, 2016, The National Quality Forum (NQF) announced the appointment of Cristie Upshaw Travis, chief executive officer of the Memphis Business Group on Health, as well as two other new members to its Board of Directors:
- Jonathan Perlin, MD, PhD, president of clinical services and chief medical officer of HCA; and
- Jack Resneck, MD, professor and vice chair of dermatology at the University of California, San Francisco.
According to Travis, "I am honored to be selected to serve alongside national health, healthcare, consumer, purchaser, and policy leaders as the National Quality Forum continues our commitment to lead collaboration to improve health and healthcare through measurement and quality initiatives".
In addition to serving on the NQF Board of Directors, Travis co-chairs the NQF All Cause Admissions/Readmissions Standing Committee and its Measures Application Partnership Hospital Workgroup, which advises CMS on measures for use in federal programs. She also served as Vice Chair and Chair of NQF's Consensus Standards Approval Committee.
Composed of 21 members, the NQF Board provides organizational guidance on strategic and policy issues. Representatives include key public- and private-sector leaders who represent a wide range of major stakeholders in America’s healthcare system, including consumers and those who purchase healthcare on their behalf.
Other NQF Board members include:
- Bruce Siegel, MD, MPH (Chair), America’s Essential Hospitals
- James Chase, MHA (Vice Chair), Minnesota Community Measurement
- Lawrence M. Becker (Treasurer), Xerox Corporation (retired)
- Andrew B. Bindman, MD, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
Designee: Nancy J. Wilson, MD, MPH
- Carol Cronin, Informed Patient Institute
- Leonardo Cuello, JD, National Health Law Program
- Helen Darling, MA, National Quality Forum
- Elizabeth Fowler, PhD, JD, Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems, Inc.
- Thomas R. Frieden, MD, MPH, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Designee: Peter A. Briss, MD, MPH
- William Kramer, Pacific Business Group on Health
- James Macrae, MA, MPP, Health Resources & Services Administration
Designee: Deborah Parham Hopson, PhD, RN
- Carolyn Pare, Minnesota Health Action Group
- Laurel Pickering, MPH, Northeast Business Group on Health
- Louise Probst, St. Louis Area Business Health Coalition
- Lewis Sandy, MD, UnitedHealth Group
- David Shahian, MD, Massachusetts General Hospital Center for Quality and Safety
- Andy Slavitt, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Designee: Kate Goodrich, MD
- Kirsten Sloan, American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network